Poster Design & Production
We provide professional-quality poster production for faculty and
staff of the Waisman Center and departments on the UW-Madison campus. We
print posters using an HP large-format printer that can accommodate
posters up to a maximum of 60” high. The cost is $10.85 per square foot
and includes the production of a smaller proof (generally 2’ x 3’). We
use only high gloss, high quality paper.
Before submitting your poster...
If you are a Waisman Center faculty/staff member, let us know the
account (grant) to bill for the production of your poster. If you are not
a Waisman Center faculty/staff member, you must set up an account in
the Waisman Center’s business office (prior to the printing of your
poster): call Pao Lee at 265.6903, firstname.lastname@example.org We cannot accept credit cards or any other method of payment.
Details about submitting a poster:
- Programs to use: most posters are submitted in Power Point. Adobe Illustrator and In Design are also fine.
- How to provide the electronic file containing your poster:
- Attach it to an e-mail and send it to Clark at email@example.com.
(If it is not too large) If you have a large poster file, you can
either make arrangements to stop by room 212 with a USB flash drive, or
upload your file to your My Webspace page under the My UW tab at
wisc.edu and grant access to your poster file. You can also leave a
disk or CD in Mailbox 30, on the east end of the 2nd floor south tower,
near the elevators.
- Information you will need to provide about your poster:
- what platform you used to create the file (PC or MAC)
- if you would like a 24" x 36" proof (it is free and we highly recommend a proof)
- size of final
- when you need the final version of the poster
- whether you would like a tube for transporting your poster
- how to contact you or someone who can make decisions about your poster while it is in production
- Turnaround time: approximately one week. Usually we can
accommodate a quicker turnaround time, but not during major conferences
or other busy times. A week allows for changes/corrections and the
inevitable glitches that sometimes occur.
Need other help?
We would be happy to advise you regarding the design of your poster
and can insert a high-resolution version of the Waisman Center and UW
logo. Occasionally we also do the layout, but please plan on an
additional week if you want us to design your poster. There is an
additional charge for layout.