Student and Postdoctoral Opportunities
Health Information Privacy Training (HIPAA)
Students/Trainees in clinical training programs of the University of Wisconsin-Madison are required to learn about the health information privacy requirements of a federal law called HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). When you are at a health care facility for clinical training, you are covered by the Privacy Rule as a member of that facility's workforce. Detailed information is available on the University of Wisconsin‐Madison HIPAA homepage.
HIPAA training only needs to be completed once. (If you've completed the clinical version, provide a copy of the certificate.) Students/Trainees at the Waisman Center can follow these steps to complete HIPAA training:
- Go to the HIPAA training login page.
- Click on "Create New Account."
- After filling in the new account information, wait for an email and follow the link provided.
- Click on the HIPAA Waisman Center course.
- When completed, print out a copy of the certificate.