What is PALs?
PALs is a group of parents and other caregivers who meet together four times a year to:
- Learn more about resources for children with special needs;
- Learn more about leadership and advocacy roles for parents and children ages birth to 6;
- Explore topics of interest to group members such as communication with schools, inclusive education, futures planning, helping children make friends, and financial resources;
- Learn how to access county and state resources;
- Meet some of the key leaders who make the policies and run the programs that affect children with special needs and their families in Wisconsin;
- Develop leadership skills;
- Work on projects of your choice;
- Become part of a network of parents of young children with disabilities who are knowledgeable about education, health, and social services issues; are active in their communities; support each other; and have fun together!