This School includes
educationally-related resources for families with a child who has
disabilities - plus additional resources "JUST FOR KIDS!!"
- Accessible Web Page Design
Information, checklists, and web-based tools that
analyzes web sites for accessibility.
- Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities
Articles about how students with disabilities can use technology and links to
web sites that focus on assistive technology in special education.
- Communicating with Schools
Sample letters, tips for communicating with school personnel, assertive communication techniques.
- Computers and Technology: Hardware and Software Links to vendors who specialize in software for individuals with disabilities
such as voice recognition, keyboard training, augmentative communication,
reading, writing, math, and more.
- Disability Awareness Educational Resources
Resources that have activities or curricula related to increasing the public's
awareness of disabilities, especially school children.
- Early Intervention Resources
Resources for people interested in children from birth to three years old who
have disabilities or developmental delays.
- Educational Advocacy
Articles, guides, alerts and web sites for parents and advocates.
- Government Agencies
Links to Federal agencies that oversee special education services.
- Home Schooling Children with Disabilities
Links to articles and organizations for parents who home school or who are
considering home schooling for their child with special needs.
- IDEA and Other Education Related Laws
Information about IDEA, FERPA, and Section 504.
- Inclusive / Special Education Resources
Articles and and web sites for people interested in inclusive education
- Individual Education Plan Resources
Guides, checklists and articles to help parents understand the IEP process.
- IEPs & 504 Plans - Sample Plans, Goals and Objectives
Sample plans, IEP writing software and more.
- Instructional Resources
Wide variety of resources of curriculum, lesson plans, software, etc.
- "JUST FOR KIDS!!" (Teachers Should Check This Out Too!)
Great web sites specifically for children and youth with disabilities or special
health care needs.
- No Child Left Behind
Information on the law and how it impacts children with disabilities
- Parent Training and Information Centers
Federally funded centers designed to help parents understand the special
education system - at least one in each state.
- Positive Behavior Supports
Resources related to developing non-punitive behavior plans
- Protection & Advocacy Organizations
Federally funded legal
advocacy center for people with disabilities - serves children receiving special
education services - one in every state.
- Response to Intervention
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
Links to web sites that
maintain lists of scholarships for students with disabilities.
- School Transportation Services
Information on transportation as a related services, etc.
Online dictionaries, courses, software, etc.
- Social Skills
Links to articles and
web sites for people interested in learning how to help children who struggle
with social interactions.
Large list of links to a
variety of topics related to school to adult life transition for students with