Senior Systems Programmer,
University of Wisconsin-Madison.
My current responsibilities include the planning, administration, operation
and support of the
and related services within the Waisman Center.
Some of the more visible network services and activities I support are:
- System management of a VMScluster
of workstations serving over 400 users
- Internet E-mail and automated LISTSERV
mailing list configuration and maintenance
- WWW server configuration and updates
- Logon, File and print services for Windows and Macintosh clients
- Network client software configuration and setup (NT domain/file/print
services over TCP/IP)
- Domain name service (DNS) for the waisman.wisc.edu domain.
- Other TCP/IP services such as POP, IMAP, FTP, NFS, BOOTP, DHCP, SNMP,
TELNET and SSH.
- Configuration and maintenance of associated network equipment such as
hubs, switches, bridges, terminal servers and routers.
- Day to day consulting and troubleshooting of network related issues and
- Analyzing network usage and resources to plan for upgrades that will
determine the future Waisman network environment.
I am also a member of the UW Tech Partners and the Campus
Network Advisory Group (NAG).
My professional Resume