Furlough Group 2 Includes:
- University Staff Non-Exempt
- Academic Staff Non-Exempt
- Limited Non-Exempt
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting budget deficit facing the University, the Chancellor has required all University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty and staff to participate in a graduated, progressive program of unpaid furlough days between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021.
Employees are required to take between 3 and 6 unpaid furlough days. The number of furlough days is based on salary and is prorated by appointment percentage and for those beginning or ending employment during the furlough period.
Your pay will be reduced in equal amounts over the furlough period, starting with your January 28, 2021 paycheck and ending with your July 1, 2021 paycheck. The amount of your pay will not vary based on when you use your furlough time.
Furlough Reminders – Group 2:
- Pay reduced in equal amounts over the designated furlough period
- There is no limit on the number of furlough hours used in the week.
- Furlough is reported through the bi-weekly timesheet using the %REDFtime and absence code.
- Furlough must be reported in 1-hour increments.
- Furlough days should be scheduled using the same scheduling and approval process used when taking vacation leave.
- Tip Sheet: Entering Furlough Leave (Bi-Weekly Paid Employees)
- Furlough FAQ
- UW – Madison Furlough Information Page
- Furlough Calculator
- UW – Madison Furlough Policy
- Furlough Chart
If you have any questions regarding furlough, please contact Waisman Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.