- Contact CIA staff to be trained on this equipment
- Rates – NO CHARGE to use, but you MUST sign up ahead of time.
- Online Calendar
About the Ultra Centrifuge
This ultracentrifuge can achieve 70,000 rpm, with centrifugation forces of up to 504,000g. Speed control accuracy is +/- 20 rpm of set point. And the microprocessor based design permits the Efficient Sedimentation Program to avoid heavy salt precipitation. We have two rotors for this ultracentrifuge (SW-28 and SW41, both stored in room 644).
- User-customized programs stored and recalled with the push of a button
- Programmable delay start for convenient finishing time
- Accel/decel profiles for instant customization of operating conditions
- Simple user setup with automatic preheating, precooling, vacuum, and dry cycle
- Dual display of “Set” and “Actual” run parameters keeps you continuously informed of run conditions
- w2t of total centrifugal effect of a run in radians squared per second contributes to run-to-run reproducibility
- The imbalance-tolerant drive permits balancing of rotor loads without having to weigh individual samples.
Contact the CIA manager to be trained on or if you have questions about this equipment.