Computing Services - Rates
Waisman Computing Services (WCS) exist to support the various missions of the Waisman Center and the faculty, staff and students that carry them out. These services include helpdesk, e-mail, data storage, security, internet access and web publishing, computer purchases, installation, repair and consulting in all areas of information technology. The costs of these services are recovered according to the following rate schedule, of which many fees are subsidized.
- The first workstation connection for all Waisman PIs remains fully subsidized. Additional connections funded from NIH/NSF core grant projects that are administered at Waisman currently receive a 45% subsidy. This rate supersedes the rate in the wcs-rates-20090930.htm document referenced below.
- Labor is now included in Workstation Standard Support for troubleshooting, software installations and computer upgrades. This makes computing support essentially a fixed cost service.
- A hardware service plan is now included in Workstation Standard Support and Non-Workstation Support that covers all labor for repair of networked computers and HP printers.
- The Workstation Standard Support annual fee increases from $645 to $795 and remains fully subsidized for NICHD core grant programs and for the first computer on all other programs.
- For complete information of the changes along with updated service descriptions, please refer to: wcs-rates-20090930.htm. Questions about rates? Please contact Carl Karcher (3-5896).
- Requests for large amounts of storage need to be anticipated in advance to allow for funding and purchase of additional required storage devices. All requests are subject to current budget limitations.
- The Laboratory Connection fee is subsidized if it attaches equipment in an investigator's lab to the network as described above. The Laboratory Connection fee for equipment maintained by another core is not subsidized.