- This event has passed.
Annual Spring Benefit Concert
May 18, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Friends of the Waisman Center 24th Annual Spring Benefit Concert
Join us for an evening of unique music and delectable food and drinks in support of the Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 6:00 pm – Wine, beer, & gourmet hors d’ouevres catered by Chez Vous – plus a silent auction of exclusive experiences!
- 7:15 pm – Concert
SistaStrings are Milwaukee-based sisters, Monique and Chauntee Ross, who are classically-trained musicians. The dynamic pair fuses elements of classical and gospel music to create a unique sound rooted in passion. Their music and their improvisational skills are soulful and fresh—a truly unique blend.
About the Concert Series:
Each spring, the Friends of the Waisman Center hosts an concert to benefit the Waisman Center.
- Staged in the Friends of the Waisman Center Auditorium, the concert hall seats 250 people.
- Performers in the series are some of the Madison’s most popular artists, including jazz greats Ben and Leo Sidran, distinguished classical pianists Jeffrey Siegel and Christopher Taylor, and the effervescent Bach Dancing and Dynamite Society.
Ticket and Host Options:
Platinum Host: $1,000 Includes 8 tickets to concert and catered reception
Ruby Host: $750 Includes 6 tickets to concert and catered reception
Gold Host: $500 Includes 4 tickets to concert and catered reception
Silver Host: $250 Includes 2 tickets to concert and catered reception
Bronze Host: $100 Introductory level for first-time hosts. Includes 2 tickets to concert and catered reception
Event Ticket(s): $80 Includes concert plus catered reception
Gift: Any amount
Click here to order concert tickets online with a credit card.
The Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, is one of 14 centers in the United States dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about human development, developmental disabilities, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Founded in 1975, the Friends of the Waisman Center is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that supports the center’s research, training, service, and outreach missions. The following are just a few of the activities the Friends support:
- Sponsorship of the “Waisman Center Day with the Experts” series that focuses on a disability such as autism or Down syndrome and features the latest advances in research and a panel of community and family experts.
- Support for the Waisman Center Clinics that provide services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Support for the John D. Wiley Seminar Series, which brings distinguished scientists to the center for cutting-edge research presentations that are open to the university and community.
- Annual recognition awards to graduate students, academic staff, and classified staff who have done outstanding work at the Waisman Center.
608.263.5837 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Waisman Center | 1500 Highland Avenue Madison, WI 53705