Golf Benefit 2021
September 20 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
29th Annual Golf Benefit, Monday, September 20, 2021 at Bishops Bay Country Club
Join us FORE a good cause! The Friends of the Waisman Center golf benefit is a significant fundraiser for our organization—raising more than $680,000 since 1992. The proceeds from this benefit make it possible for the Friends to enhance many activities at the Waisman Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison that benefit individuals and families affected by developmental disabilities and neurodegenerative diseases – some of human health’s most challenging conditions.
- Click here to register and to learn more about the golf benefit, or, download the fillable 2021 Golf Registration form.
- To register and pay online, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-friends-of-the-waisman-center-golf-benefit-tickets-161129034279
- Credit Card: Your can swipe your card on the day of the event or click here to visit our Square site to make your credit card payment.
- Please visit our Golf Benefit information page for more details about this event!
Information for Players:
Click here to download a pdf with details for golfers and a schedule for the day.
DATE/PLACE: Monday, September 20, 2021 at Bishops Bay Country Club, 3500 Bishops Bay Drive, Middleton, WI
GOLF: Scramble format. We limit the number of golfers, so everyone should be finished by late afternoon and on the way home by 7:00 p.m.!
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. Arrive and register; purchase raffle tickets and mulligan; pick up tees and a ticket for a complimentary drink from one of the beverage carts that will roam the course during play.
- 11:00 a.m. Box lunches are placed on carts.
- 11:45 a.m. All golfers depart clubhouse.
- 12:00 p.m. Everyone will tee off in a shotgun start.
- 4:30–5:00 p.m. Golfers finish their rounds; meet at clubhouse for buffet and reception.
WHAT TO WEAR: Shoes with soft spikes only. Shorts OK (but, please, no gym shorts or denim). Men should wear collared shirts.
WHAT IF IT RAINS? Play will go on unless storms are severe and long-lasting. If play is canceled, the reception will still take place, and players can obtain a rain check for a round of golf.
MULLIGANS: One mulligan per golfer; $15 each.
RAFFLE! SILENT AUCTION! MARSHMALLOW SHOTS!?! 50/50 DRAWING!
- Raffle & Silent Auction: The raffle and silent auction will feature great prize packages worth between $300-$1,000+!
Raffle tickets are: 1 for $5; 5 for $10; 20 for $20 OR, the best deal—50 tickets for $40.
- Marshmallow Shot 50/50 Raffle: How far can you hit a marshmallow off a tee? Here’s your chance to find out.
Marshmallows are 2 for $20 and includes an entry into the 50/50 raffle. Each marshmallow you hit beyond the designated line increases your chances of winning. There will be a special prize for the longest distance.
Golfers can win prizes in a number of flag events and the top teams will receive gift certificates to the Bishops Bay Pro Shop.
THE BUFFET AND RECEPTION:
Most players come to the reception “just as they are” right after golf. The buffet will be set up in time for the first players who finish and will be replenished throughout the reception. Prizes and contest winners will be announced and the raffle drawings will begin once everyone has gone through the buffet line. Invite guests to join us for the reception! Reception-only tickets are $30 each. Please RSVP with reception guest names by July 12, 2019.