- This event has passed.
Wisconsin Community of Practice on Autism (Virtual)
February 7 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Please join us as we explore the intersection of Mental Health and Autism Spectrum Disorder and other Developmental Disabilities.
- Insight to Education: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Student Services Prevention and Wellness team – Tim Peerenboom and Jessica Frain, DPI Consultants
- Insight to Community: Wisconsin Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – Megan McLachlan, Education Coordinator
- Insight to Lived Experience: Scott Allen, Board of Directors Autism Society of South Central Wisconsin, Therapist Lifestance Health
8:30 – Site open and check in
8:40-9:00 – Updates from the CoP and Introduction
9:00-9:45 – Insight to Education
9:45-10:00 – Local discussion groups at Host Sites
10:00-10:45 – Insight to Community
10:45-11:00 – Local discussion groups at Host Sites
11:00-11:45 – Insight to Lived Experience
11:45-12:00 – Closing and local discussion groups at Host Sites
While this event is no-cost, registration is required for everyone.
This day is a partnership with CESA #1, the Waisman Center, and Supporting Neurodiverse Students.
Register to attend virtually or at a Host Site! Host Sites will open up space to members of their community to view the statewide presentations together and then have local discussions. See the Host Site options below. During registration, you will be able to select a Host site or choose to attend virtually.
- ARTS for ALL Wisconsin – 1709 Aberg Avenue, Madison, WI 53704
- Autism Society SE WI – 3720 N 124th Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53222
- CESA #12 – 618 Beaser Avenue, Ashland, WI 54806
- Disability Rights Wisconsin – 1502 West Broadway, Madison, WI 53713
- Dunn County Human Services – 3001 US Hwy 12 E, Suite 160, Menomonie, WI 54751
- Northern Regional Center – 212 River Drive, Wausau, WI 54403
- PADRES E HIJOS EN ACCIÓN – 2809 Fish Hatchery Road, Fitchburg, WI 53713
- Waisman Center – 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705
More information will be posted at https://connections.waisman.wisc.edu/