Anne Harris, PhD, MPH, RD
Anne Bradford Harris, PhD, MPH, RDN, has worked for more than 20 years as a pediatric nutritionist and has expertise in nutrition for children with special health care needs including anthropometric assessment and dietary analysis. She came to the Waisman Center in 2007 and helped start the Feeding Team services in the Waisman Center Clinics, providing training and nutrition expertise to the team. She was the clinics manager for five years. She is the director of the Wisconsin Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) program and serves in a collaborative, administrative role with the clinics, participating on the clinics’ executive committee and working with staff and clinic leadership to integrate training and research activities in the clinics. Prior to coming to the Waisman Center, Bradford Harris was a pediatric nutritionist and co-coordinator of the Feeding Team at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles UCEDD/LEND program.
- Feeding Clinic
Professional Certification and Education
- PhD, Community Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles
- MPH, Community Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles
- MS, Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin -Madison
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, UW-Madison
- Assessment of Early Intervention Outcomes for Children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing (PI) – To determine outcomes of different experiences with early intervention, we are collecting standardized assessments of language and social-emotional development of children who are diagnosed as deaf/hard of hearing at birth.
- Transitioning Together Effectiveness Study – as the Transitioning Together intervention program for adolescents/young adults and their families is being implemented in the clinics, we are interested in determining if outcomes from the clinical program are similar or different from those demonstrated in a research setting.
- Baer MT, Harris AB, Stanton RW, Haughton B. The Future of MCH Nutrition Services: A Commentary on the Importance of Supporting Leadership Training to Strengthen the Nutrition Workforce. Matern Child Health J 2015. 19:229–235
- Harris, AB., Baer, MT., Trahms, CM., Ogata, B. Nutrition for Children with Special Health Care Needs. In Nutrition in the Prevention and Treatment of Disease, 3rd Ed., Coulston, AM., Boushey, CJ., Ferruzzi, MG. Eds. 2013. Elsevier Inc., UK
- Harris, AB. Evidence of Increasing Dietary Supplement Use in Children with Special Health Care Needs: Strategies for Improving Parent and Professional Communication (Research Editorial) J Amer Diet Assoc, 2005. 105:34-37.