Diagnosis Specific Resources
- Resources for Autism Assessment and Care amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Target Audience: Families and caregivers of young children with ASD - Vanderbilt University
- Q&A on COVID-19 and Down Syndrome
From the Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group – USA
- Information About COVID-19 for Cerebral Palsy Patients
From Cerebral Palsy News Today
Fragile X Syndrome
- Information About COVID-19 for Fragile X Syndrome Patients
From Fragile X News Today
- COVID-19 Message for the Rett Community
Hearing Loss / Deafness
- At-Home Resources for Communicating during COVID-19
A lit of tips and resources from the UW Health Speech and Hearing clinic.
- How Do I Communicate with Doctors, Nurses, and Staff at the Hospital During COVID-19?
From the Hearing Loss Association of America - This guide is to help you get ready for your hospital visit.
- Free VRI Instructions
Free video interpreting for COVID-19 testing - Getting tested for COVID-19 is a stressful experience and we want to ensure that you have access to interpreting services during this time. Linguabee is offering VRI for free at the test sites.
- COVID-19 Hearing Loss Resources - NCDHHS
Communication Guide with your Deaf, Hard of Hearing or DeafBlind Patients. Communication Access Guide at the Hospital During COVID-19.
- COVID-19: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Communication Access Recommendations for the Hospital
From the National Association of the Deaf
Augmentative & Alternative Communication Resources
- Social Stories for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
“Everyone is Worried about Getting Sick. What Can I Do?”
- Supporting Communication with Patients who have COVID-19
Free resources for patients who are intubated and cannot speak
- COVID-19 Communication Rights Toolkit
From Communication First
American Sign Language Resources
- COVID-19 ASL
From the CDC – Centers for Disease Control
- Information for the Deaf Community about COVID-19/Coronavirus
From Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc.
- A Message from the NAD About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Plus resources and links from the National Council of the Deaf