- This event has passed.
CSC Crisis Prevention Summit
February 16 @ 8:30 am - 3:45 pmFree
The 2023 Crisis Prevention Summit, sponsored by the Collaborative Stabilization Coalition of Greater Dane County will be held on Feb. 16, 2023, 8:30am – 3:45pm at the Alliant Energy Center Exhibition Hall in Madison WI.
This year’s Summit will focus on communication and planning strategies for social workers, care managers, law enforcement, IRIS Consultants, residential providers and managers to help them better understand what resources and options are available to help prevent a behavioral health crisis for persons with dementia and/or intellectual and developmental disabilities and what help might be available in the midst of a crisis.
Breakout sessions will cover topics such as:
- De-escalating Crisis Situations in Dementia Care
- When and how to use powers of attorney, guardianship, protective placement or supported decision making to support a person before and after a crisis
- Managing Threatening Confrontations/Passive Self Protection
- Critical Communication for Dementia Care
- Community behavioral health crisis support resources continuum
- Proactive crisis prevention planning in practice
Click here to be added to the cancellation list.
The CSC Crisis Prevention Summit has reached capacity. If still interested, add your name to the cancellation list. If registration spots open up, you will be notified and added to the list.
Direct questions to Michael Truman: email@example.com