The CTC provides eye-tracking equipment and behavioral testing suites equipped for remote observation. These private testing suites are available for rental on an hourly basis to projects for research purposes.
The following testing suites are available:
- A large testing suite with a sink, child- and adult-sized tables and chairs, audio & DVD video recording capability, and adjoining observation room
- Five contiguous sound attenuated booths with observation and control room capability
- Two adjoined small testing rooms with adult sized tables and chairs, outfitted with a high-definition camera and microphone to monitor and record participants directly to a secure network location or external storage device
- Two eye tracker/testing suites
- One suite is outfitted with a Tobii T60XL 60 Hz eye tracker, and one with a Tobii Pro Spectrum 300 Hz eye tracker.
- Both eye trackers have integrated widescreen monitors allowing for measuring gaze over wide angles and large, detailed stimuli unobtrusively.
- The design allows for participants to move naturally, and there is no need for a head holder, head mount, or chin rest, making it well suited for research involving infants, children, and other populations that may not tolerate head restraint.
- Support for implementation and analysis of eye tracking experiments is available (see Engineering Services).
- Both suites include separate control rooms with equipment for operating the eye trackers as well as for observing and recording participants.
- The testing spaces are outfitted with a set of high-definition cameras and microphones which enable recording participants from multiple perspectives.
- Some of the cameras have remotely controllable pan-tilt-zoom capabilities.
- Audio/video recordings can be saved directly to a secure network location or external storage device.
Requests for rental of testing suites by the month (not available for subsidy) are considered on an individual project basis and availability is not guaranteed. Rooms keys are available via KeyWatcher. Room reservations are made by authorized users in the Testing Space Reservation Calendar or Eye Tracker Reservation Calendar.
Refer to rates.
Please direct requests and inquires for behavioral testing suites and sound attenuated booths to the CTC Research Coordinator, Carrie Arneson, email@example.com or 608.263.5192.
Direct requests and inquiries for eye tracker suites to the CTC Engineer, Rob Olson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.890.3075.