The CMN Core BioAnalyzer 2100 uses microfluidic electrophoresis chip technology to measure DNA and RNA concentration and quality (sorry, no protein). Sample preparation for next-generation sequencing (NGS), gene expression, and genome editing applications requires very little template (1 µL for nucleic acids). The detection process is extremely sensitive and reproducible. Fragment size, concentration, ribosomal RNA rations are automatically calculated in the process. Sample preparation time is ~20 minutes, run time is 30 minutes for a single chip which contains from 1 to 10, 11 or 12 samples. Data is displayed at a gel image or electropherogram.
- Contact CMN staff to be trained on this equipment
Core Agilent BioAnalyzer Policies:
- Each user/lab must purchase their own chips (information below), reagents and pipetman. Core will provide everything necessary to run the chips (priming station, RNase ZAP and water, chip vortexing station, pipet tips, and the BioAnalyzer).
- You must receive training prior to using the instrument. If you were previously trained using the UW Biotech system the duration of training will be shorter. Training is about 2 hours. Contact the CMN Core for more information.
- Reagents and samples must be prepared in advance in your laboratory
- You must clean the electrodes before and after every single chip run-no exception!
- No protein chips allowed on the system at this time